There are lots of different kinds of styrofoam. What kind can I put in the EPS Compactor?
The EPS Compactor is suitable for EPS6, the most common form of Styrofoam which is used to package white goods like televisions, refrigerators, fresh produce like meat and fish. It's usually marked with a symbol showing that it is EPS6, but if you're in doubt, just ask.
Is Styrofoam bad for the environment?
Styrofoam itself isn't, but the problem starts when it's been used. Every day, approximately 1,369 tons of Styrofoam are buried in US landfills, the environmental cost of which is estimated to be $1.96 billion per year.
If compacted and recycled, Styrofoam can be given a new life, offsetting both the carbon emissions of the disposal and offsetting the oil that would have been used to create new material.
And Mil-tek will place a compactor on site, for free?
100% free. Free installation, free training, and full service and parts operation across ALL 50 STATES
What's the catch?
No catch, just the basic terms: minimum 1.1 tons of compacted styrofoam monthly.
1.1 tons of compacted Styrofoam monthly gets you a free machine after 5 years. It also means:
- $1500 of savings for your waste cost bill
- 165 Yards of space savings for your trash container
- 700 Gallons of oil saved
The EPS Styrofoam compactor compacts foam into dense blocks. Other machines melts it. What’s the difference?
- Safer: Heat is generated via friction, not through a melter, which eliminates the risk of fire.
- Bang for your Buck: Condensed Styrofoam often fetches better prices and than melted Styrofoam
- Energy Efficient: The machine uses a lot less energy per ton processed
- Time-saver: Saves time, as no labor is needed to continually monitor and handle the Styrofoam output
- Easy to Use: Condensed Styrofoam is easy to stack and transport